The 2020 Oscars are almost here! Those of us who enjoy the awards shows will surely be having a small get together to cheer on our favs. Will ‘Joker’ make a clean sweep? Whether you are entertaining foodies or throwing down with the beer and pretzel crowd, there is something for everyone’s palate.
Hot n’ Spicy Eazy Pezy Shrimp
• 1/4 cup Siracha
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 2 cloves crushed garlic
• Generous dash of chopped cilantro
• Pinch Salt
• Fresh Ground Black Pepper
• Fresh peeled and deveined Shrimp
• Mix together all seasoning ingredients, adding salt and pepper generously
• Pour mixture in large plastic bag and add peeled and deveined Shrimp and shake vigorously
• Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2-5 hours
• Heat on grill or in pan until cooked properly – 3-4 minutes per side suggested
Cheddar-Horseradish-Walnut Cheese Ball
• 1 (8-oz.) package softened cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons softened butter
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• Dash of hot sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 ounces sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
• 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
• Crackers of your choice
• Beat cream cheese and next 6 ingredients at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until well combined.
• Stir together Cheddar cheese, horseradish, and cream cheese mixture until combined. Chill 5 minutes. Shape into a ball, and roll in walnuts to coat. Serve with crackers.
Bacon Bow Tie Crackers Recipe
• 8 thin bacon slices (about 6 oz.)
• 24 rectangle-shaped buttery crackers
• Preheat oven to 250°F. Cut each bacon slice crosswise into thirds (to make a total of 24 pieces). Wrap 1 bacon piece around narrow center of each cracker without overlapping ends. Arrange in a single layer, seam side down, on a lightly greased wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet.
• Bake in preheated oven until bacon is crisp and center edges have pulled in to resemble a bow tie, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes before serving.
VELVEETA The Quick n’ Tasty Loaded Nachos
• 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
• 2 VELVEETA Mini Blocks (4 oz. each), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 7 cups tortilla chips (6 oz.)
• 1 cup shredded lettuce 1/4 cup sliced black olives
• 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, well drained
• Brown meat in skillet; drain.
• Microwave VELVEETA in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until completely melted, stirring after 30 sec.
• Place chips on large platter; top with VELVEETA, meat and remaining ingredients.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
• 1 medium-size fennel bulb
• 1 lb. store-bought pizza dough
• Parchment paper
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• divided 12 ounces Brie cheese mazzarella, shredded or trimmed and sliced
• 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
• halved 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
• 2 cups loosely packed fresh arugula
• 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and stirring often until golden brown.
• Flour hands, and shape each Pizza Dough ball into a 6- to 8-inch round. Place each round on a small piece of parchment paper. Brush with 1 Tbsp. oil. Top dough rounds with cheese, next 2 ingredients, and onion mixture.
• Place 4 pizzettas (on parchment paper) directly on oven rack, and bake at 425° for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining dough rounds.
• Toss together arugula, next 2 ingredients, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle baked pizzettas with arugula mixture just before serving.